The Authorised Gas Tester's role is critical in testing for and ensuring safe working atmospheres, in particular: permit controlled confined spaces, and prior to and during hot work for both open and enclosed spaces. It will enable one to read and interpret correctly information as obtained from the gas detection means available. The Course has 3 levels which demarcate the competency for type of area to be monitored. In this case one level is not higher than the other level.
Safety Officer, Deck officers, Management Level Officers who would like to be Authorised Gas Tester.
Level 1 - Enclosed Space
(1) Confined space criteria
(2) The hazards of operations in an oxygen deficient, toxic / flammable environment.
(3) Carrying out a suitable and sufficient risk assessment.
(4) Using safe systems of work.
(5) The implications of organisational and statutory requirements.
(6) Interpreting operational requirements.
(7) Selecting and using PPE and RPE.
(8) Working within the Permit to Work system.
(9) The operating principles of atmosphere monitoring and measuring equipment.
(10) Gas detector pre-start checks.
(11) Calibrating the instruments used in atmospheric testing.
(12) How to set up the relevant detector for each gas testing application.
(13) The behaviour of different flammable and toxic gases.
(14) The range and frequency of tests.
(15) Acceptable levels of flammable and toxic gases.
(16) Performing gas tests in sequence.
(17) Obtaining a representative atmosphere sample.
(18) Monitoring and retesting.
(19) Where to site ongoing monitoring equipment.
(20) Interpreting and documenting the results.
Additional for Level 2 - Hot Work
(1) Hot work and the production of flammable and toxic gases.
(2) The principles of hot work gas testing.
(3) The hazards and properties of flammable gases.
(4) The strengths and weaknesses of flammable and toxic gas detection equipment.
(5) Locating sentinel styled equipment for optimum benefit (Fixed Gas Detector).
(6) Detectors used for the flammable product.
Additional for Level 3 - Safety Watch
(1) Hot work and the creation of toxic products
(2) How a flammable gas or vapour clouds could arrive at the hot work site.
(3) The importance of regular communication.
(4) Completing the relevant documentation.
|COURSE||FEE INR||DURATION||COURSE TIMING||DATE COMMENCE||REMARKS|
|AGT Level 1, 2 & 3 Combined||40,000||1 day||10:00-18:00||On Demand||OPITO Approved|